Home » News » Public Safety
Police suspend active search for missing UNH student
Jonathan Zygmont, 19, a sophomore from Windham who lives on the Durham campus, was last seen Tuesday around 8:30 p.m. near Prescott Park in Portsmouth.
Police have said they do not suspect foul play, but have reason to be concerned for Zygmont's well-being.
Dean said in the past Zygmont expressed a desire to go out west and live a more simple life. As a result, police have sent his photo and description to law enforcement agencies nationwide.
Previously, police said Zygmont was "despondent" when last seen and experiencing relationship issues, statements Zygmont's sister disputed in a public Facebook post that has been circulating locally.
Local, state and federal law enforcement have been assisting in the search for him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- New parking system troubles businesses in downtown Bristol - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer