Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Facebook post helps free man from jail
Alfredo Gonzalez, 46, of 363 Central St., first floor, was freed from the Belknap County House of Corrections on Wednesday after spending two years and six days in prison, Sisti said. A jail employee confirmed Gonzalez's release.
Gonzalez was charged in connection with the 2011 overdose death of 22-year-old Ashley Denty, a mother of a 2-year-old son.
Sisti said the county attorney's office by July had received a 64-page transcript of an interview by Laconia police "that included references to a Facebook page of a specific individual admitting to the killing of the alleged victim."
On Wednesday, prosecutors attempted to amend a second charge, sale of a narcotic drug (heroin), to list a different date for the crime. Sisti said he objected and the judge agreed. Prosecutors then dropped the charge, leading to Gonzalez's release.
Laconia Police Chief Christopher Adams referred inquiries to the county attorney's office.
A court employee confirmed the charges were dropped.
Sisti said his client "just wants to relax and gather his thoughts."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424