Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Facebook post helps free man from jail
Alfredo Gonzalez, 46, of 363 Central St., first floor, was freed from the Belknap County House of Corrections on Wednesday after spending two years and six days in prison, Sisti said. A jail employee confirmed Gonzalez's release.
Gonzalez was charged in connection with the 2011 overdose death of 22-year-old Ashley Denty, a mother of a 2-year-old son.
Sisti said the county attorney's office by July had received a 64-page transcript of an interview by Laconia police "that included references to a Facebook page of a specific individual admitting to the killing of the alleged victim."
On Wednesday, prosecutors attempted to amend a second charge, sale of a narcotic drug (heroin), to list a different date for the crime. Sisti said he objected and the judge agreed. Prosecutors then dropped the charge, leading to Gonzalez's release.
Laconia Police Chief Christopher Adams referred inquiries to the county attorney's office.
A court employee confirmed the charges were dropped.
Sisti said his client "just wants to relax and gather his thoughts."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424