NHIAA Roundup: Central boys blank Londonderry in soccer
Memorial 2, Bishop Guertin 1 (2 OT): In Manchester, Matt Contic scored the game-winner to raise Memorial's record to 2-2-2. Tyler Bujwid tallied the regulation goal for Memorial and BG's goal came from Chris Higley. Memorial goalie Shawn Cawley had six saves.
Kearsarge 4, Mascoma 0: At Canaan, Andrew VanHooydonk scored two second half goals and one assist. Jacob Donovan and Bobby Lauster each had one goal. Kearsarge is 4-1-1.
Winnacunnet 1, Bedford 0: At Bedford, John Deveraux scored the only goal in the 68th minute. Bedford goalie Nick Barnard stopped four shots. Both teams are 3-2.
Nashua North 2, Dover 0: At Nashua, Ahmed Abdelazia scored twice. Shayne Seidel and Zach Pike each earned an assist for North (1-5-1). North goalie Tim Closson had eight saves.
Salem 4, Keene 2: In Keene, the Blue Devils received goals from Todd Righini, Andrew Doucette, and two from freshman Andrew Fichera. Assists for Salem were registered by Johnny Cail, Jake Bosworth, and Todd Righini.
ConVal 2, St. Thomas 0: ConVal (5-1-1) got the game-winner from freshman Nile Hertzler and Campbell French scored in the 79th minute off a feed from Nick Phillips. Liam McNally earned the shutout in goal.
Hopkinton 3, Campbell 1: At Litchfield, Campbell's lone goal came from Kali Trunca.
White Mountains 6, Inter-Lakes 3: At Whitefield, White Mountains scored three goals in each half to collect the victory. Inter-Lakes received three goals from Caitlin Rotonnelli.
Bedford 2, Winnacunnet 1: At Hampton, Anna Bogursky and Lauren Phelps scored 32 seconds apart early in the second half to help Bedford overcome a 1-0 deficit. Julia Schwechheimer scored Winnacunnet's goal.
Manchester Central 2, Londonderry 1: At Manchester, Sophomore Hailey Thompson collected a pass from Devin Lacroix and drilled the game-winner past goalie Merissa Brousseau (nine saves) in the 76th minute. It was the first varsity goal for Thompson. Emily Duchesne, off a corner, gave the Little Green (3-2) the early lead at 61:39, but Londonderry's Aliza Simpson matched it in the 70th minute. Lindsay St. Pierre collected six saves for Central against the 3-3 Lancers.
Bedford 3, Goffstown 1: Top performers were Chandler Lake (23 digs), Kendal Sonovick (10 kills, 20 digs), Hannah Koehler (17 kills), Kendra Siemiesz (25 assists) and Jessica Williamson (14 kills, 18 digs).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement