Home » News » Public Safety
Faulty bearing believed cause of I-93 crash
Meanwhile, a close friend of the woman who died in the crash, Kelly Anderson-Baker, said her family is trying to sort through the sudden death of the 40-year-old mother of three.
Anderson-Baker was commuting to work at Lawrence General Hospital, where she was a project manager for patient care.
The crash happened just after 8 a.m. Wednesday on Interstate 93, not far from the rest areas and state liquor stores. Alan Condon, 51, of Oakfield, Maine, was driving the rig hauling a modular home south on I-93 when the wheel fell off the trailer, bounced or rolled over a jersey barrier and hit the right front driver's side of the unmarked cruiser being driven on the opposite side of the highway by state police Col. Robert Quinn.
Quinn was uninjured and reported the accident.
Police said Condon and an escort car following behind him continued on. Condon stopped and paid the toll and continued a short distance before pulling over to the side of the road, witnesses told state police investigators. The escort car stopped as well, but both vehicles continued on their way to Maine.
Anderson-Baker was born in Korea and adopted by her parents, who raised her in Hill, along with another Korean child, Cummings said. She said her mother was the former superintendent of the Merrimack County jail, and her father was a civil engineer.
"It's just really, really hard for them," she said.
It will take between 30 and 90 days for the inspection and report to be completed. Once done, it will be turned over to the Merrimack County Attorney's Office. The county attorney will decide whether criminal charges will be brought.
Mark Hayward contributed to this story.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072