Home » News » Public Safety
Faulty bearing believed cause of I-93 crash
Meanwhile, a close friend of the woman who died in the crash, Kelly Anderson-Baker, said her family is trying to sort through the sudden death of the 40-year-old mother of three.
Anderson-Baker was commuting to work at Lawrence General Hospital, where she was a project manager for patient care.
The crash happened just after 8 a.m. Wednesday on Interstate 93, not far from the rest areas and state liquor stores. Alan Condon, 51, of Oakfield, Maine, was driving the rig hauling a modular home south on I-93 when the wheel fell off the trailer, bounced or rolled over a jersey barrier and hit the right front driver's side of the unmarked cruiser being driven on the opposite side of the highway by state police Col. Robert Quinn.
Quinn was uninjured and reported the accident.
Police said Condon and an escort car following behind him continued on. Condon stopped and paid the toll and continued a short distance before pulling over to the side of the road, witnesses told state police investigators. The escort car stopped as well, but both vehicles continued on their way to Maine.
Anderson-Baker was born in Korea and adopted by her parents, who raised her in Hill, along with another Korean child, Cummings said. She said her mother was the former superintendent of the Merrimack County jail, and her father was a civil engineer.
"It's just really, really hard for them," she said.
It will take between 30 and 90 days for the inspection and report to be completed. Once done, it will be turned over to the Merrimack County Attorney's Office. The county attorney will decide whether criminal charges will be brought.
Mark Hayward contributed to this story.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms