Home » News » Public Safety
UNH seeks public's help in locating missing student
In a press release issued this morning, police do not suspect foul play but have reason to be concerned for his well-being. Zygmont was believed to be having relationship difficulties and was despondent.
Zygmont is described as a white male, 5-foot-11, and 175 pounds. He was last seen wearing black shoes, khaki pants, and a brown sweatshirt with the word "Burton" on it in red lettering. He was carrying a black North Face backpack.
UNH officials are working cooperatively with law enforcement agencies in the Seacoast area including Portsmouth Police, Kittery Police, Durham Police, N.H. Marine Patrol, and the U.S. Coast Guard, in the search for Zygmont. Police urge anyone with information on Zygmont's whereabouts to call police at 862-1427.
"Based on the information we have we're eager to find Jonathan and make sure he's OK," said UNH Police Chief Paul Dean.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 5
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal