Home » News » Public Safety
UNH seeks public's help in locating missing student
In a press release issued this morning, police do not suspect foul play but have reason to be concerned for his well-being. Zygmont was believed to be having relationship difficulties and was despondent.
Zygmont is described as a white male, 5-foot-11, and 175 pounds. He was last seen wearing black shoes, khaki pants, and a brown sweatshirt with the word "Burton" on it in red lettering. He was carrying a black North Face backpack.
UNH officials are working cooperatively with law enforcement agencies in the Seacoast area including Portsmouth Police, Kittery Police, Durham Police, N.H. Marine Patrol, and the U.S. Coast Guard, in the search for Zygmont. Police urge anyone with information on Zygmont's whereabouts to call police at 862-1427.
"Based on the information we have we're eager to find Jonathan and make sure he's OK," said UNH Police Chief Paul Dean.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain