Home » News » Public Safety
UNH seeks public's help in locating missing student
In a press release issued this morning, police do not suspect foul play but have reason to be concerned for his well-being. Zygmont was believed to be having relationship difficulties and was despondent.
Zygmont is described as a white male, 5-foot-11, and 175 pounds. He was last seen wearing black shoes, khaki pants, and a brown sweatshirt with the word "Burton" on it in red lettering. He was carrying a black North Face backpack.
UNH officials are working cooperatively with law enforcement agencies in the Seacoast area including Portsmouth Police, Kittery Police, Durham Police, N.H. Marine Patrol, and the U.S. Coast Guard, in the search for Zygmont. Police urge anyone with information on Zygmont's whereabouts to call police at 862-1427.
"Based on the information we have we're eager to find Jonathan and make sure he's OK," said UNH Police Chief Paul Dean.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 1
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too