Home » News » Public Safety
UNH seeks public's help in locating missing student
In a press release issued this morning, police do not suspect foul play but have reason to be concerned for his well-being. Zygmont was believed to be having relationship difficulties and was despondent.
Zygmont is described as a white male, 5-foot-11, and 175 pounds. He was last seen wearing black shoes, khaki pants, and a brown sweatshirt with the word "Burton" on it in red lettering. He was carrying a black North Face backpack.
UNH officials are working cooperatively with law enforcement agencies in the Seacoast area including Portsmouth Police, Kittery Police, Durham Police, N.H. Marine Patrol, and the U.S. Coast Guard, in the search for Zygmont. Police urge anyone with information on Zygmont's whereabouts to call police at 862-1427.
"Based on the information we have we're eager to find Jonathan and make sure he's OK," said UNH Police Chief Paul Dean.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem