Home » News » Public Safety
UNH seeks public's help in locating missing student
In a press release issued this morning, police do not suspect foul play but have reason to be concerned for his well-being. Zygmont was believed to be having relationship difficulties and was despondent.
Zygmont is described as a white male, 5-foot-11, and 175 pounds. He was last seen wearing black shoes, khaki pants, and a brown sweatshirt with the word "Burton" on it in red lettering. He was carrying a black North Face backpack.
UNH officials are working cooperatively with law enforcement agencies in the Seacoast area including Portsmouth Police, Kittery Police, Durham Police, N.H. Marine Patrol, and the U.S. Coast Guard, in the search for Zygmont. Police urge anyone with information on Zygmont's whereabouts to call police at 862-1427.
"Based on the information we have we're eager to find Jonathan and make sure he's OK," said UNH Police Chief Paul Dean.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate