Hanover forfeits homecoming game over 'egregious' skits
Administrators announced the forfeit in a letter to parents this week, saying skits performed during the players-only celebration over the end of two-a-day practices violated the student code of conduct by objectifying women. The letter said many of the skits were sexually themed and "egregiously inappropriate."
Although not every player on the roster participated, enough members of the team were facing the sanction that Hanover could not field enough for a team tonight against the Kearsarge Cougars, leading to the forfeiture.
Athletic director Mike Jackson said a student went to a counselor with a complaint last week. Jackson also would not discuss specifics, referring questions to Bass, but said it was made clear to the players how they went wrong and why there will be no football game tonight.
Bass said Principal Justin Campbell met with the student body by class for talks on what happened and how administrators came to the decision to discipline the players.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 6
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 12
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 5
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'