Bill of Rights timely topic for PSU's Constitution Day
The guests at this year’s event are retired New Hampshire Supreme Court Justice William Batchelder and law professor Nadine Strossen, a former president of the American Civil Liberties Union.
“There are so many issues out there right now with regard to the law, like (Edward) Snowden, NSA spying, Internet issues. There’s a lot to talk about,” Fischler said.
Batchelder served for decades as a lawyer, prosecutor, a state superior court judge and New Hampshire Supreme Court justice. He received the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Professionalism Award and President’s Award for Service to the Profession.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 1
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
City man charged with endangering child
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383