Bill of Rights timely topic for PSU's Constitution Day
The guests at this year’s event are retired New Hampshire Supreme Court Justice William Batchelder and law professor Nadine Strossen, a former president of the American Civil Liberties Union.
“There are so many issues out there right now with regard to the law, like (Edward) Snowden, NSA spying, Internet issues. There’s a lot to talk about,” Fischler said.
Batchelder served for decades as a lawyer, prosecutor, a state superior court judge and New Hampshire Supreme Court justice. He received the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Professionalism Award and President’s Award for Service to the Profession.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene State College is holding several events next week to mark World AIDS Day - 0
- Report offers Derry 5 choices for grades pre-K to 8 - 0
- Keene State to lead national initiative on economic inequality - 0
- Manchester schools cut classes short for Wednesday due to weather - 2
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
- Enrollments declining in Hudson, but school budget increases still expected - 0
- New NHIA president painting a picture of expansion - 0
- Former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be president of Franklin Pierce College - 3
- Students prepare to set sail at Tri-City Christian Academy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?