Hanover forfeits homecoming game
HANOVER — Hanover High School is forfeiting its homecoming game Friday night in response to “inappropriate” conduct by some players during a post-practice gathering last month.
Administrators announced the forfeit in a letter to parents this week, saying skits performed during the players-only celebration to the end of two-a-day practices violated the student code of conduct by objectifying women. The letter said many of the skits were sexually themed and “egregiously inappropriate.”
District superintendent Frank Bass declined to elaborate Thursday on the players’ conduct Aug. 24 at the home of one of the players. Bass said administrators considered it serious enough to warrant a one-game suspension. Enough players were facing the sanction that Hanover could not field enough for a team on Friday night, leading to the forfeiture.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads