Hanover forfeits homecoming game
HANOVER — Hanover High School is forfeiting its homecoming game Friday night in response to “inappropriate” conduct by some players during a post-practice gathering last month.
Administrators announced the forfeit in a letter to parents this week, saying skits performed during the players-only celebration to the end of two-a-day practices violated the student code of conduct by objectifying women. The letter said many of the skits were sexually themed and “egregiously inappropriate.”
District superintendent Frank Bass declined to elaborate Thursday on the players’ conduct Aug. 24 at the home of one of the players. Bass said administrators considered it serious enough to warrant a one-game suspension. Enough players were facing the sanction that Hanover could not field enough for a team on Friday night, leading to the forfeiture.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 2
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 1
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383