Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
FBI director says there was no specific target for Navy gunman
Comey, 52, who took office Sept. 4 to serve a 10-year-term at the FBI, said investigators haven’t determined whether Alexis said anything during the shootings or whether he had any grievances about his job.
Alexis entered the Navy building with a Remington 870 shotgun that was sawed off at both ends — the barrel and the stock, Comey said. He went to a fourth-floor restroom carrying a bag, and came out without the bag and carrying the shotgun, the director said.
“We’re doing a lot of work to understand” that information, the FBI director said. He also said the FBI’s behavioral unit would study this case and others to try to find ways to identify potential mass shooters before they act.“Are there things, are there flags, are there markers that would be of use to preventing tragedies like this?” Comey said. “I don’t know the answer to that at this point.”
“Where there are gaps, we will close them; where there are inadequacies, we will address them; and where there are failures, we will correct them,” the defense secretary said.
READER COMMENTS: 14
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917