All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In


Nashua man charged in theft of train parts

NASHUA – Two men spent hours loading heavyweight train parts, left outside a Bud Way company, only to dump them at a shuttered hotel in Bedford after a scrap metal yard refused to buy them, police said.

On Wednesday, police arrested James Neveu, 21, of 72 Chestnut St., Apt. Q, on a class A felony charge of theft by unauthorized taking. They have an arrest warrant for a second man, but have yet to locate him, according to Lt. Denis Linehan.

The train parts were stolen in October 2012 from South Wind Rail Travel at 3 Bud Way. The parts, valued at $6,700, included castings for two air reservoirs and a coupler for a train braking systems. They were left outside the business.

"It took two guys hours to load it into a vehicle," Linehan said.

Neveu and the other man then drove to a Manchester scrap metal yard to try and sell the parts, according to Linehan. The yard refused to buy them, Linehan said, and the pair decided to get rid of them by dumping them at the shuttered Sheraton-Wayfarer in Bedford.

Bedford police filed a report with Nashua police that linked Neveu and the other man to the scene where the train parts were recovered.

What's next: Neveu was held on $5,000 cash/surety bail pending arraignment Thursday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.

Night of Fire
Friday, 8 a.m. (Gates)
Saturday, 8 a.m. (Gates),
Saturday, 8 p.m. (Night of Fire),
Sunday, 8 a.m. (Gates)

Theory of a Deadman
Saturday, 8 p.m.

Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed

Contact Information

The Bedford Bulletin
100 William Loeb Drive
Manchester, NH 03109

Ph: 603-206-7800
Fax: 603-206-7801

Neighborhood News publications can be found at a newsstand near you here.

News, Obituaries, Sports & Social Announcements

Christine Heiser, Executive Editor
Ph: 603-206-7811

Email ads to
Classified advertising: 603-669-1010
Display advertising: 603-668-4321

Print rate card | Digital rate card

Calendar Listings
Please use our online form at