Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Gunman robs Manchester market
MANCHESTER – A West Side market was held up by a masked gunman Wednesday night, the second time the store was robbed in about a month.
About 9:20 p.m. Wednesday, a man walked into U.S. Market and Grocery, 18 Rockland Ave., pointed a black and silver handgun at the clerk and demanded money from the register, the clerk told police.
The man ran out of the store once the clerk handed him some cash. He was last seen running east on Varney Street.
The robber is described as a thin white man about 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-9. He was wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt, black pants, black shoes and black gloves. He also wore black glasses and had a black bandanna over his face.
On Aug. 16 at 8:45 p.m. the store was robbed by a man who said he had a gun, although none was shown.
The man entered the store and demanded cash from the register He pushed the clerk toward the register, demanding he open it. Once he had some cash, he ran out of the store and was last seen getting into a light-colored van or sport-utility vehicle.
He is described as a white man in his late 30s, about 6-feet tall with a medium build. He wore a winter hat with stripes around it, a short-sleeve blue shirt with multiple horizontal stripes, dark jeans and black and white shoes.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call police at 668-8711 or Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say cyberstalking victim who committed suicide faced other 'stressors' - 0
- Berlin doctor enters settlement agreement for improperly prescribing drugs - 0
- Londonderry police chief probing online 'CopBlock' allegations - 1
- Exeter man charged in two 2013 burglaries - 0
- Documents say former UNH hockey coach allegedly grabbed player's jersey, helmet, and shouted in her face - 0
- Investigators ask public for help with Hernandez case - 3
- Merrimack man arrested in sexual assaults of juvenile - 0
- Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car - 1
- Keene man charged with June Central Square 'chalking' assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917