Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Gunman robs Manchester market
MANCHESTER – A West Side market was held up by a masked gunman Wednesday night, the second time the store was robbed in about a month.
About 9:20 p.m. Wednesday, a man walked into U.S. Market and Grocery, 18 Rockland Ave., pointed a black and silver handgun at the clerk and demanded money from the register, the clerk told police.
The man ran out of the store once the clerk handed him some cash. He was last seen running east on Varney Street.
The robber is described as a thin white man about 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-9. He was wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt, black pants, black shoes and black gloves. He also wore black glasses and had a black bandanna over his face.
On Aug. 16 at 8:45 p.m. the store was robbed by a man who said he had a gun, although none was shown.
The man entered the store and demanded cash from the register He pushed the clerk toward the register, demanding he open it. Once he had some cash, he ran out of the store and was last seen getting into a light-colored van or sport-utility vehicle.
He is described as a white man in his late 30s, about 6-feet tall with a medium build. He wore a winter hat with stripes around it, a short-sleeve blue shirt with multiple horizontal stripes, dark jeans and black and white shoes.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call police at 668-8711 or Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 3
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief