Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Gunman robs Manchester market
MANCHESTER – A West Side market was held up by a masked gunman Wednesday night, the second time the store was robbed in about a month.
About 9:20 p.m. Wednesday, a man walked into U.S. Market and Grocery, 18 Rockland Ave., pointed a black and silver handgun at the clerk and demanded money from the register, the clerk told police.
The man ran out of the store once the clerk handed him some cash. He was last seen running east on Varney Street.
The robber is described as a thin white man about 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-9. He was wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt, black pants, black shoes and black gloves. He also wore black glasses and had a black bandanna over his face.
On Aug. 16 at 8:45 p.m. the store was robbed by a man who said he had a gun, although none was shown.
The man entered the store and demanded cash from the register He pushed the clerk toward the register, demanding he open it. Once he had some cash, he ran out of the store and was last seen getting into a light-colored van or sport-utility vehicle.
He is described as a white man in his late 30s, about 6-feet tall with a medium build. He wore a winter hat with stripes around it, a short-sleeve blue shirt with multiple horizontal stripes, dark jeans and black and white shoes.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call police at 668-8711 or Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917