Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Gunman robs Manchester market
MANCHESTER – A West Side market was held up by a masked gunman Wednesday night, the second time the store was robbed in about a month.
About 9:20 p.m. Wednesday, a man walked into U.S. Market and Grocery, 18 Rockland Ave., pointed a black and silver handgun at the clerk and demanded money from the register, the clerk told police.
The man ran out of the store once the clerk handed him some cash. He was last seen running east on Varney Street.
The robber is described as a thin white man about 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-9. He was wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt, black pants, black shoes and black gloves. He also wore black glasses and had a black bandanna over his face.
On Aug. 16 at 8:45 p.m. the store was robbed by a man who said he had a gun, although none was shown.
The man entered the store and demanded cash from the register He pushed the clerk toward the register, demanding he open it. Once he had some cash, he ran out of the store and was last seen getting into a light-colored van or sport-utility vehicle.
He is described as a white man in his late 30s, about 6-feet tall with a medium build. He wore a winter hat with stripes around it, a short-sleeve blue shirt with multiple horizontal stripes, dark jeans and black and white shoes.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call police at 668-8711 or Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424