Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Gunman robs Manchester market
MANCHESTER – A West Side market was held up by a masked gunman Wednesday night, the second time the store was robbed in about a month.
About 9:20 p.m. Wednesday, a man walked into U.S. Market and Grocery, 18 Rockland Ave., pointed a black and silver handgun at the clerk and demanded money from the register, the clerk told police.
The man ran out of the store once the clerk handed him some cash. He was last seen running east on Varney Street.
The robber is described as a thin white man about 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-9. He was wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt, black pants, black shoes and black gloves. He also wore black glasses and had a black bandanna over his face.
On Aug. 16 at 8:45 p.m. the store was robbed by a man who said he had a gun, although none was shown.
The man entered the store and demanded cash from the register He pushed the clerk toward the register, demanding he open it. Once he had some cash, he ran out of the store and was last seen getting into a light-colored van or sport-utility vehicle.
He is described as a white man in his late 30s, about 6-feet tall with a medium build. He wore a winter hat with stripes around it, a short-sleeve blue shirt with multiple horizontal stripes, dark jeans and black and white shoes.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call police at 668-8711 or Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH fugitive sought for a year found in Detroit - 0
- Former AG hired to investigate UNH's actions over alleged locker-room photography - 0
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917