Superheroes brighten windows and kids' spirits
Superman, also known as mild-mannered Ben Stebbins, and Captain America, aka Ryan Welch, are actually employees of Aslan's Maintenance, which has been washing the windows at the hospital for many years.
The window washers are unassuming, quiet, mild-manner men who usually try to go unnoticed.
"It's pretty scary here and you know if you are having some medicine, things seem a little foggy for you, and then you look and someone's hanging from outside your window," Laperle said. "It gets to be a scary thing. This allows it to be more magical and super-power focused instead of being scary and one more unknown person. When kids are in the hospital they see so many people, so many faces are introduced and the average kid is pretty shy."
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.