Are you ready to party, Nashua? Here’s your invitation
The city’s inaugural Nashua Block Party will take place from 1 to 4 p.m. at four different sites, an event organized by the Greater Nashua Chamber of Commerce, the Nashua Police Athletic League, NeighborWorks Southern New Hampshire, Gate City Community Gardens, local officials and the city.
Local restaurants will be providing food for the parties, while city bands and other entertainers will also be on hand. Games for children and other fun activities are being planned to help make the event fun for people of all ages, according to organizers.
Citizens are being encouraged to attend the block party closest to their residence, and if they have extra time to also stop by a second block party in the city.
To help streamline that process, block party kits will be distributed that outline how to organize a neighborhood block party, what type of permits are necessary and who to contact in the city to move the process forward.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.