Rochester making plans for annual October Festival
Preparations are underway for the fifth annual event, which is scheduled for Oct. 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. throughout the downtown area — rain or shine.
As before, the festival — which is underwritten by Service Credit Union — will be held on Hanson Street, in Central Square and at Factory Court, which are all within walking distance of each other and nearby municipal parking.
“Rochester has its own identity,” Humphrey said, adding these events bring cultural value to the community.
Humphrey said this is evident from the ticket sales at the historic Rochester Opera House, which welcomes visitors from around New England.
“This family fun event offers food, fun, games, demonstrations and an interactive barnyard petting zoo — sponsored by Holy Rosary Credit Union,” according to the release.
“The winner receives a medal, bragging rights and $25 cash prize,” Provost said.
Tickets, which cost $2 each or six for $10, can be purchased from any Main Street volunteer, board member or through the Rochester Main Street Office.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.