Ian Clark's On Hockey: Decisions in L.A. will have trickle-down effect here
The Kings are in camp this week and will be sending most of the Monarchs roster back this way early next week. Those last few players to come back will be the key ones, because Kings head coach Darryl Sutter has some tough decisions to make thanks to a deep roster and young talent hoping to crack the lineup.
Pearson was called up for the playoffs last season, playing in one game and ending his night with no stats except a little more than five minutes of ice time. But in Manchester, Pearson scored 19 goals and 28 assists for 47 points in 64 games.
The blue line is even more crowded for the Kings, with nine players on one-way contracts (who would have to clear waivers to be sent down) and seven realistic spots for defensemen, something has to give.
The final battle is between the pipes for the right to the backup goaltender position behind Jonathan Quick. Ben Scrivens came over from Toronto, Mathieu Garon (who played in Manchester in 2004-05) was picked up and then Martin Jones is hoping to make his mark for the jump to the NHL.
BRUINS NEWCOMERS SHINE: Several new faces on the Boston Bruins had impressive debuts in Monday’s 6-3 exhibition win in Montreal. Veteran Jarome Iginla scored a pair of goals and looks to be the natural replacement for the departed Nathan Horton.Nick Johnson, a Dartmouth College product, scored a pair of goals as well and appears poised to be a solid contributor. He has 104 NHL games under his belt, but most came with Minnesota which means he remains mostly an unknown.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan