Veterans briefs: POW/MIA Day is on Friday
The day honors those still missing from the nation's wars and conflicts and those who made the ultimate sacrifice and whose remains have not yet been recovered and returned home.
Craft fair in Wolfeboro
WOLFEBORO — A fall festival craft fair will be held on Saturday, Sept. 21, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Harriman-Hale American Legion Hall, 142 Center St.
Sweeney Post 2 events
MANCHESTER — Sweeney Post 2 will hold a meat raffle on Friday at 6 p.m.
This will be followed by by DJ dancing and karaoke until 11 p.m.
On Saturday, Sons of the American Legion will host an Italian dinner at 6 p.m. followed by the weekly dance until 11 p.m. The cover charge for the evening is $12.50.
Jutras Post event
MANCHESTER — Jutras Post, American Legion, 56 Boutwell St., will hold its monthy dinner at 6 p.m. on Thursday.
On Saturday, there will be a ham and bean supper with a dance to follow.
Every Thursday and Friday there is karaoke at 8 p.m.
Epsom post event
EPSOM — American Legion and Ladies Auxiliary, Elwood O. Wells Post 112, will hold a barbecue chicken dinner from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 21.
Post 33 event
MEREDITH — The American Legion Post 33, 6 Plymouth St., is hosting meat bingo on Saturday Sept. 21 at 3 p.m.
All proceeds will benefit the maintenance and upkeep of the Legion building. Karaoke is Friday at 8 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl Scouts need help sending cookies to military personnel overseas - 0
- Auto dealers group offers scholarship aid, funds to NH veterans programs - 0
- Commentary: Chronically homeless vets are a problem for all of us - 0
- Rep. Shea-Porter bashes planned military cuts - 0
- New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief - 0
- Sen. Ayotte concerned about cuts in COLA for new service members - 0
- NH veterans get a deal at Amesbury Sports Park - 0
- VA Medical Center to host open house - 0
- Parents of fallen SEAL will speak in Hollis - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth