Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Portsmouth nightspot disputes criminal charges
The corporation is charged with two counts of serving alcohol in a restricted area.
Stachowske suggested his client could only face administrative action by the state's Liquor Commission — not criminal charges — because New Hampshire's liquor laws do not specifically address whether patrons can consume liquor on a dance floor.
Prosecutors say O'Neill leveled fatal blows to the head of Joshau Krantz, 24, of Dover just before closing time on April 6 in response to having a drink spilled on him earlier in the night. Krantz died at his Dover apartment from repeated punches to the head.
Conway acknowledged that the law makes no specific mention of dance floors, but argued that liquor licenses clearly designate the specific areas where drinks can be served.
A Jan. 27 trial date has been set for O'Neill in Rockingham County Superior Court.
The corporation already turned down a plea deal by county prosecutors in which it would plead guilty and pay a $75,000 fine, according to court documents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424