Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Portsmouth nightspot disputes criminal charges
The corporation is charged with two counts of serving alcohol in a restricted area.
Stachowske suggested his client could only face administrative action by the state's Liquor Commission — not criminal charges — because New Hampshire's liquor laws do not specifically address whether patrons can consume liquor on a dance floor.
Prosecutors say O'Neill leveled fatal blows to the head of Joshau Krantz, 24, of Dover just before closing time on April 6 in response to having a drink spilled on him earlier in the night. Krantz died at his Dover apartment from repeated punches to the head.
Conway acknowledged that the law makes no specific mention of dance floors, but argued that liquor licenses clearly designate the specific areas where drinks can be served.
A Jan. 27 trial date has been set for O'Neill in Rockingham County Superior Court.
The corporation already turned down a plea deal by county prosecutors in which it would plead guilty and pay a $75,000 fine, according to court documents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Murder suspect fit for trial? - 2
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483