Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Portsmouth nightspot disputes criminal charges
The corporation is charged with two counts of serving alcohol in a restricted area.
Stachowske suggested his client could only face administrative action by the state's Liquor Commission — not criminal charges — because New Hampshire's liquor laws do not specifically address whether patrons can consume liquor on a dance floor.
Prosecutors say O'Neill leveled fatal blows to the head of Joshau Krantz, 24, of Dover just before closing time on April 6 in response to having a drink spilled on him earlier in the night. Krantz died at his Dover apartment from repeated punches to the head.
Conway acknowledged that the law makes no specific mention of dance floors, but argued that liquor licenses clearly designate the specific areas where drinks can be served.
A Jan. 27 trial date has been set for O'Neill in Rockingham County Superior Court.
The corporation already turned down a plea deal by county prosecutors in which it would plead guilty and pay a $75,000 fine, according to court documents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483