Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Portsmouth nightspot disputes criminal charges
The corporation is charged with two counts of serving alcohol in a restricted area.
Stachowske suggested his client could only face administrative action by the state's Liquor Commission — not criminal charges — because New Hampshire's liquor laws do not specifically address whether patrons can consume liquor on a dance floor.
Prosecutors say O'Neill leveled fatal blows to the head of Joshau Krantz, 24, of Dover just before closing time on April 6 in response to having a drink spilled on him earlier in the night. Krantz died at his Dover apartment from repeated punches to the head.
Conway acknowledged that the law makes no specific mention of dance floors, but argued that liquor licenses clearly designate the specific areas where drinks can be served.
A Jan. 27 trial date has been set for O'Neill in Rockingham County Superior Court.
The corporation already turned down a plea deal by county prosecutors in which it would plead guilty and pay a $75,000 fine, according to court documents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917