Pat Buchanan: Graham's plan for starting a war with Iran
A grassroots coalition arose to demand Congress veto any war on Syria. Congress got the message and was ready to vote no to war, when President Obama seized upon Vladimir Putin's offer to work together to disarm Syria of chemical weapons.
"I'm going to get a bipartisan coalition together. We're going to put together a use-of-force resolution, allowing our country to use military force ... to stop the Iranian nuclear program. ... I'm going to need your help, Mike, and the help of Americans and friends of Israel."
First, there is no conclusive proof Iran has decided to build a bomb.
Twice, the U.S. intelligence community, in 2007 and 2011, has asserted with high confidence that Iran has made no such decision. Senators who do not seek a new war with Iran should call James Clapper, director of National Intelligence, to testify publicly as to whether Iran is "racing" toward a bomb. Or is this the usual War Party propaganda?
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Samuel N. Bell, 'inaugurating great enterprises' - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The talented and influential Bell family - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Edward Custer: A life lived for the sake of art - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Edward Custer, Swiss immigrant to Manchester, shines as an artist - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Gale Home for Aged and Destitute Women still fills a need - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Tale of Manchester's Mary Gale - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Notre Dame de Lourdes School of Nursing — a legacy of service - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Notre Dame nursing school fostered excellence and compassion - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: A West Side hospital and nursing school are born - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans