Home » News » Public Safety
Police seek identity of decomposed body found off Route 106 in Concord
Concord police secure a scene Tuesday where a badly decomposed body was found. (MARK HAYWARD / UNION LEADER)
As of Tuesday afternoon, police said they could not determine the age or gender of the body, although police believed it was an adult.
Police Lt. Timothy O'Malley said some trails run through the area, and homeless people are known to frequent the area, using it either as a cut-through or an encampment.
O'Malley said he does not think the deaths are related to the latest discovery.
He said police received a report Tuesday morning about the discovery. A man walking through the area discovered the remains. They were at least 100 feet from the road into the woods, and crime scene tape stretched from a guardrail into the woods.
"I'm not going to call it a crime scene because I don't know if we have a crime," O'Malley said. A preliminary autopsy could take place today, and some information may be found to help identify the body, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors