Home » News » Public Safety
Police seek identity of decomposed body found off Route 106 in Concord
Concord police secure a scene Tuesday where a badly decomposed body was found. (MARK HAYWARD / UNION LEADER)
As of Tuesday afternoon, police said they could not determine the age or gender of the body, although police believed it was an adult.
Police Lt. Timothy O'Malley said some trails run through the area, and homeless people are known to frequent the area, using it either as a cut-through or an encampment.
O'Malley said he does not think the deaths are related to the latest discovery.
He said police received a report Tuesday morning about the discovery. A man walking through the area discovered the remains. They were at least 100 feet from the road into the woods, and crime scene tape stretched from a guardrail into the woods.
"I'm not going to call it a crime scene because I don't know if we have a crime," O'Malley said. A preliminary autopsy could take place today, and some information may be found to help identify the body, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition