Home » News » Public Safety
Police seek identity of decomposed body found off Route 106 in Concord
Concord police secure a scene Tuesday where a badly decomposed body was found. (MARK HAYWARD / UNION LEADER)
As of Tuesday afternoon, police said they could not determine the age or gender of the body, although police believed it was an adult.
Police Lt. Timothy O'Malley said some trails run through the area, and homeless people are known to frequent the area, using it either as a cut-through or an encampment.
O'Malley said he does not think the deaths are related to the latest discovery.
He said police received a report Tuesday morning about the discovery. A man walking through the area discovered the remains. They were at least 100 feet from the road into the woods, and crime scene tape stretched from a guardrail into the woods.
"I'm not going to call it a crime scene because I don't know if we have a crime," O'Malley said. A preliminary autopsy could take place today, and some information may be found to help identify the body, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'