Home » News » Public Safety
Logan planes sent to Manchester after airport fire
The Manchester airport had refueled four planes as of 9:30 p.m. Tuesday and was scheduled to refuel three more Tuesday night should repairs at Logan not be completed, said J. Brian O’Neill, deputy airport director.
“Manchester is fully capable of handling these diversions,” he said.
O’Neill said Manchester could continue to accept planes today if needed.
According Massachusetts Port Authority, the operator of Logan, the fire broke out about 5 p.m. and was under control a half-hour later.
“There are no injuries. The cause of the fire is under investigation. As a safety precaution, use of the underground fuel system has been temporarily suspended. Passengers should check with their airline on flight status before heading to the airport,” the port authority said in a statement.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride