Home » News » Public Safety
Logan planes sent to Manchester after airport fire
The Manchester airport had refueled four planes as of 9:30 p.m. Tuesday and was scheduled to refuel three more Tuesday night should repairs at Logan not be completed, said J. Brian O’Neill, deputy airport director.
“Manchester is fully capable of handling these diversions,” he said.
O’Neill said Manchester could continue to accept planes today if needed.
According Massachusetts Port Authority, the operator of Logan, the fire broke out about 5 p.m. and was under control a half-hour later.
“There are no injuries. The cause of the fire is under investigation. As a safety precaution, use of the underground fuel system has been temporarily suspended. Passengers should check with their airline on flight status before heading to the airport,” the port authority said in a statement.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too