Home » News » Politics » Election 2013
Silva, Andrade in state rep runoff in Nashua
Nearly 500 ballots were cast in Tuesday’s special primary election, where the only item on the ballot was the House seat left vacant when Roland LaPlante resigned in February because of health issues.
“I believe that I have a record I can run on, and I think this is a good opportunity to serve my city in Concord,” he said. “I think I will be a good representative because I already know how government works in Nashua.”
He has lived in Nashua since 1976, and currently serves on the city’s Business and Industrial Development Authority. Andrade is also the owner and CEO of Top Tier Connections Inc. in Nashua, an international business development company.
Prior to the results being announced Tuesday night, Mangipudi said she was hopeful to win the primary election and take on Silva on Nov. 5.
Democracy is not a spectator sport, according to Mangipudi, who said democracy starts with voting.
According to Gene Anderson, Ward 8 moderator, voter turnout was low on Tuesday, but that was expected for a special election.
Silva and Andrade will face off in the general election, which will be held the same day at the city’s municipal election on Nov. 5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
- Nashua to combat substance abuse with knowledge at forum - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 3
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform