Home » News » Politics » Election 2013
Silva, Andrade in state rep runoff in Nashua
Nearly 500 ballots were cast in Tuesday’s special primary election, where the only item on the ballot was the House seat left vacant when Roland LaPlante resigned in February because of health issues.
“I believe that I have a record I can run on, and I think this is a good opportunity to serve my city in Concord,” he said. “I think I will be a good representative because I already know how government works in Nashua.”
He has lived in Nashua since 1976, and currently serves on the city’s Business and Industrial Development Authority. Andrade is also the owner and CEO of Top Tier Connections Inc. in Nashua, an international business development company.
Prior to the results being announced Tuesday night, Mangipudi said she was hopeful to win the primary election and take on Silva on Nov. 5.
Democracy is not a spectator sport, according to Mangipudi, who said democracy starts with voting.
According to Gene Anderson, Ward 8 moderator, voter turnout was low on Tuesday, but that was expected for a special election.
Silva and Andrade will face off in the general election, which will be held the same day at the city’s municipal election on Nov. 5.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- River Valley Community College planning for new president's inauguration - 0
- Singing a nationwide national anthem at St. Anselm College in Manchester - 0
- Manchester teachers union has contract concerns - 0
- Litchfield school superintendent surprised by board's decision - 0
- State, Lyndeborough agree on school bond repayment plan - 0
- Portsmouth school district undergoing widespread review of sexual harassment response - 0
- Futures Lab offers a glimpse at college, career - 0
- Scholarship established at Kimball Union Academy to honor slain journalist - 0
- Claremont extends school days after renovation delays - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua