Home » News » Politics » Election 2013
Silva, Andrade in state rep runoff in Nashua
Nearly 500 ballots were cast in Tuesday’s special primary election, where the only item on the ballot was the House seat left vacant when Roland LaPlante resigned in February because of health issues.
“I believe that I have a record I can run on, and I think this is a good opportunity to serve my city in Concord,” he said. “I think I will be a good representative because I already know how government works in Nashua.”
He has lived in Nashua since 1976, and currently serves on the city’s Business and Industrial Development Authority. Andrade is also the owner and CEO of Top Tier Connections Inc. in Nashua, an international business development company.
Prior to the results being announced Tuesday night, Mangipudi said she was hopeful to win the primary election and take on Silva on Nov. 5.
Democracy is not a spectator sport, according to Mangipudi, who said democracy starts with voting.
According to Gene Anderson, Ward 8 moderator, voter turnout was low on Tuesday, but that was expected for a special election.
Silva and Andrade will face off in the general election, which will be held the same day at the city’s municipal election on Nov. 5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
- Nashua to combat substance abuse with knowledge at forum - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms