Danbury likely staying put in Newfound school district
Also, the district announced that the new superintendent will make a formal recommendation on a request from residents in Bridgewater and Hebron to make their school into a kindergarten through grade 8 school by the end of November.
Danbury presently has a K-5 elementary school and sends its K-8 students to Newfound Middle School. Town residents last year heard news of a district plan to move Danbury’s fifth-grade students to the middle school as a cost-saving measure, but that plan was dropped when Danbury residents protested.
“The parents’ request remains under consideration, but is expected to be addressed (by Buckley) prior to Thanksgiving,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis police say stun gun needed on ‘unruly’ man - 0
- Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Officials say Northfield man presumed drowned after 'Polar Plunge' - 0
- Legislative committees move 4.2-cent-per-gallon gas tax increase closer to reality - 6
- Northfield man presumed dead after 'Polar Plunge' in Bristol - 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Premium spike: Obamacare costs NH
Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers