Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Newmarket man behind bars for pretending to be an officer
Michael Heath, 42, of 184 New Road in Newmarket is being held on $25,000 cash bail following his video arraignment in 10th Circuit Court in Brentwood.
Heath was arrested by Hampton police late last week on a warrant seeking his arrest in the Stratham case, which allegedly mimicked an encounter that a woman had with another driver in Epping about 10 months earlier.
“The subject was waving the badge in her direction and motioning for her to pull her car over,” Epping detective Sean Gallagher said in a sworn affidavit.
Heath was driving a green 2005 Buick Century when he pulled up to the woman. She noticed the car registration was a New Hampshire veteran plate with a vanity registration that read DEFIANT, according to the affidavit.
Epping police were able to identify Heath as the police impersonator shortly after the incident, but had not been able to find him.
Stratham police tracked down Heath on Aug. 31, and questioned him about both incidents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College president, Gov. Hassan promise to punish those involved in Keene riots - 5
- Somersworth plaza evacuated after phoned threat to blow up NH State Liquor Store - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival - 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man stole lottery tickets from Manchester store - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- 48 set to be cleared after Ebola monitoring - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 0
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 1
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- Report: Sox may trade Cespedes - 0
- Pearson, Toffoli score in Los Angeles' win - 0
- Monarchs, UNH brace for home openers - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Monitoring social media
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy