Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Newmarket man behind bars for pretending to be an officer
Michael Heath, 42, of 184 New Road in Newmarket is being held on $25,000 cash bail following his video arraignment in 10th Circuit Court in Brentwood.
Heath was arrested by Hampton police late last week on a warrant seeking his arrest in the Stratham case, which allegedly mimicked an encounter that a woman had with another driver in Epping about 10 months earlier.
“The subject was waving the badge in her direction and motioning for her to pull her car over,” Epping detective Sean Gallagher said in a sworn affidavit.
Heath was driving a green 2005 Buick Century when he pulled up to the woman. She noticed the car registration was a New Hampshire veteran plate with a vanity registration that read DEFIANT, according to the affidavit.
Epping police were able to identify Heath as the police impersonator shortly after the incident, but had not been able to find him.
Stratham police tracked down Heath on Aug. 31, and questioned him about both incidents.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 9
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917