Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Newmarket man behind bars for pretending to be an officer
Michael Heath, 42, of 184 New Road in Newmarket is being held on $25,000 cash bail following his video arraignment in 10th Circuit Court in Brentwood.
Heath was arrested by Hampton police late last week on a warrant seeking his arrest in the Stratham case, which allegedly mimicked an encounter that a woman had with another driver in Epping about 10 months earlier.
“The subject was waving the badge in her direction and motioning for her to pull her car over,” Epping detective Sean Gallagher said in a sworn affidavit.
Heath was driving a green 2005 Buick Century when he pulled up to the woman. She noticed the car registration was a New Hampshire veteran plate with a vanity registration that read DEFIANT, according to the affidavit.
Epping police were able to identify Heath as the police impersonator shortly after the incident, but had not been able to find him.
Stratham police tracked down Heath on Aug. 31, and questioned him about both incidents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Derry man faces child sex abuse images possession charges - 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 6
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
- Total Votes: 917