Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police say Manchester man zapped with stun gun after fight with officer
MANCHESTER – An officer zapped a man with a stun gun after struggling to arrest him, and then police arrested a woman who they say began shouting obscenities at them as they waited for the police transport van.
The incident began about 10:25 p.m. Monday when Officer Matt Barter saw some “suspicious activity” involving a pedestrian and a passing vehicle near Merrimack and Union streets, according to a police news release.
Barter tried to the stop the pedestrian, but the man ran off despite the officer warning him to stop.
Barter caught up to him, however, as he entered the doorway to 292 Lake Ave.
As Barter was arresting him, the man, identified by police as Jeremy McCabe, 26, of 239 Lake Ave., “struggled violently” with Barter who eventually used his Taser on him.
McCabe was wanted on an arrest warrant for an unrelated shoplifting charge, police said. He was charged with two counts each of resisting arrest and assault on a police officer in Monday's incident.
A group of people had gathered as police were arresting McCabe. Police said as they waited for the transport van to take McCabe to the station, onlooker Nancy Stimans, 54, of 175 Chestnut St., starting shouting obscenities at them.
They told her to quiet down, but when police say she continued swearing at them, they arrested her on a disorderly conduct charge.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917