Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Men charged with Gilmanton copper, silver and gold thefts
Greg M. McGonigle, 24, formerly of 222 Catamount Road, Pittsfield and Christopher Poire, 25, listed as homeless and from Laconia, were arrested by Gilmanton police on Sept. 3, said Officer Matt Currier.
The men were arrested for crime after a be-on-the-lookout alert was sent to police in the area that day, Currier said.
The bolo described the suspects' car as having "damaged windows," as a neighbor of their alleged robbery victim tried to stop the men.
"While attempting to flee the scene, the neighbor struck the suspects' vehicle twice with a baseball bat, smashing the driver's side windshield," Currier said in a press release.
Police were called to the home for a reported burglary on Aug. 30 and found that the residence had been burglarized. All the copper pipes were cut and removed, he said, and silver and gold goods were also stolen, he said.
On Aug. 31, police were called and told the suspects had returned to the residence, and a neighbor who witnessed the burglary tried to stop them, smashing the windows of their tan sedan with a bat.
On Sept. 3, having received the police alert, a Belmont police officer stopped the car as the two drove into neighboring Laconia, Currier said.
Besides the counts of burglary, McGonigle was charged with felony criminal mischief for causing extensive damage to the home, Currier said.
The investigation of the crime was lengthy, he said.
"McGonigle is thought to be the ring leader, as he grew up in Gilmanton, and has a knowledge of the area," Currier said.
Poire refused bail and is being held at the Belknap County House of Corrections in Laconia. McGonigle is being held at the county jail on $5,000 cash bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424