Nashua works on river revival
The aldermanic Finance Committee is expected to vote Wednesday on whether to award a $77,637 contract to Greenscapes Land Design of Nashua for the restoration project.
A separate, $15,000 proposed contract for a different cleanup project on the Nashua River will also be studied by the committee.
“The nature of the work will require a contractor experienced and skilled in river-based debris recovery operation, utilizing a combination of removal approaches, including boats floating in the river as well as removal of debris by hand along the shorelines,” agreed Thomas Galligani, economic development director for the city.
Lozeau said recently that several efforts are under way focusing not only on the Nashua River, but other bodies of water in the city. She has recently formed a new Nashua Waterways Committee.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man charged with driving 115 mph on I-93 - 0
- Charges upgraded against man who killed 2 in I-89 crash - 1
- Tilton police search for store robber - 0
- Busy Executive Council confirms judges, PUC commissioner, approves renewable energy grants - 1
- State declares "Air Quality Action Day" in Monadnock region - 0
- Hannaford opening in vacant Stop & Shop building in Exeter - 0
- Charlestown family hospitalized after fire - 0
- No bail for Keene McLeod murder case - 0
- Police identify victim of fatal Milford crash as Merrimack man - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
Popular West High School official moved