Nashua works on river revival
The aldermanic Finance Committee is expected to vote Wednesday on whether to award a $77,637 contract to Greenscapes Land Design of Nashua for the restoration project.
A separate, $15,000 proposed contract for a different cleanup project on the Nashua River will also be studied by the committee.
“The nature of the work will require a contractor experienced and skilled in river-based debris recovery operation, utilizing a combination of removal approaches, including boats floating in the river as well as removal of debris by hand along the shorelines,” agreed Thomas Galligani, economic development director for the city.
Lozeau said recently that several efforts are under way focusing not only on the Nashua River, but other bodies of water in the city. She has recently formed a new Nashua Waterways Committee.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: William Clarke was a first for Manchester - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: 'My very dear Mary…' Letters to Mary Bell - 1
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Samuel N. Bell, 'inaugurating great enterprises' - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The talented and influential Bell family - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Edward Custer: A life lived for the sake of art - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Edward Custer, Swiss immigrant to Manchester, shines as an artist - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Gale Home for Aged and Destitute Women still fills a need - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Tale of Manchester's Mary Gale - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Notre Dame de Lourdes School of Nursing — a legacy of service - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'