Hopkinton Village Greenway to be unveiled to public
The grand opening of the greenway, a 4.5-mile loop that encircles Hopkinton Village, will be held on Saturday at 1 p.m. A brief opening ceremony will be held at the Kimball Lake Cabins, followed by an inaugural hike around the Greenway.
The greenway connects with existing trails in the Hawthorne Forest, Ransmeier Woods and Kimball Lake.
“We’re excited to finally get folks out on the trail to see all the diverse terrain that’s been protected around the village” said Ron Klemarczyk, a member of the Hopkinton Conservation Commission. “The trail goes along the shore of a lake under huge pine trees, past isolated bogs, streams and wetlands, beside a deep gorge in a hemlock forest, and even past the old village dump.”
“The greenway trail makes these conservation lands more accessible for walkers and runners, as well as winter users,” said Lucia Kittredge, a member of the Hopkinton Open Space Committee. “It’s part of what makes Hopkinton such a livable community.”
“Our vision for a greenbelt of protected land around Hopkinton Village began in the early 1990s,” Klemarczyk said. “It took years of work with Open Space Bond funds and generous private landowners to acquire the land necessary to make the trail.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Longtime Goffstown resident remembered for his service - 0
- Great-granddaughter's effort gets late Colebrook chief on memorial - 0
- Souhegan Valley Chamber party will benefit Chaplain’s Emergency Relief Fund in Milford - 0
- New president named for memorial fund named after Greenland Chief Michael Maloney - 0
- Our Gourmet: A taste of Japan, just off Interstate 93 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Two ciders worth raising in a toast - 0
- Former NH resident Aliy Zirkle takes second in Iditarod after losing lead - 0
- Building on Hope provides boost for Amherst nonprofit - 0
- ‘Bow Wow Bedford’ to offer micro-chipping, rabies shots - 0
2014-2015 Wildlife Rule Hearings Set
Search for the Shamrock
Win tickets to see Craig Ferguson
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'